The One and Only Sole Symphony Ashiatsu Massage Blog in Austin, Tx
DIY Foot Scrub - Show Your Feet Some Love!
Priority #1, as a barefoot massage therapist: Foot care
Part of what helps me provide the best possible Ashiatsu massage care for my clients is having soft, smooth, and sensitive feet. People ask me, can you really feel as much with your feet as you do with your hands? The answer is, yes, and keeping them in top notch condition makes that 100% possible.
My go-to DIY foot scrub is super easy to make, and you might have everything you need at home already.
- 1/2 cup of salt (fine salt, not coarse)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 5 drops of essential oil (or 1 teaspoon of aromatic ingredients like lemon zest or cinnamon)
To make the scrub:
Simply mix the ingredients together and put them in a jar with a lid.
To use the scrub:
1. Soak, shower, or bathe your feet
2. Apply scrub to wet feet and calves - scrub thoroughly
3. Rinse well, dry well, and massage any remaining oil into the feet and legs
*BE CAREFUL: too much oil remaining on the feet afterwards can be slippery.
Mother's Day is right around the corner.
Make it for yourself or gift it to someone you love. I've got a few ready-made ones at my studio, if you'd rather just buy one when you come in for a massage.
They smell like fresh mint and lemon tartlets. So good!
Here's a great link for additional scrub making ideas:
Let me know how it goes, and surprise me with what fragrance you chose in the comments below. Happy scrubbing to you my friends!